Passionate in communicating research & open science?
Trust-IT is hiring a Communication, Dissemination & Outreach Specialist for its premises in Pisa, Tuscany
Position: Full-time position (5 days a week)
Job title: Communication, Dissemination and Outreach Specialist
Start Date: ASAP
Work place: Pisa (Tuscany), Italy
Communicating and disseminating research results of complex Research & Innovation Open Science projects and engaging communities by means of a mix of state of the art communication strategies. The effort is in the framework of pan-European initiatives with ambitious goals and deadlines and it entails achieving ground-breaking impacts internationally. This is coupled with an analytical eye to understanding scientific and technological trends and the ability of divulgating complex results to multiple stakeholder groups. If you are this person, then read on…
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, competent Communication, Dissemination, and Outreach Specialist with expertise in divulgating research results to international audiences. The marketing and comms activities will be mostly carried out in scientific projects that have a strong component of digital technologies, dealing with cutting-edge research and innovation in areas such as Blue Economy , Green ICT Sustainability, Circular Economy, Cybersecurity, Data e-Infrastructures, AI, ICT Standardisation, and design and implementation of web-based solutions at large.
Very high English proficiency (Level C2 of CEFR), as the working environment is an international one, where English is the first language spoken.
Managing your time effectively, curiosity, pragmatism, being kind, honest & humble are essential assets to the working team spirit sought for. Flexibility and availability to travel around Europe and beyond.
What we offer
- Full-time contract (your rights will be guaranteed by the national “Contratto Commercio”, under Italian law);
- Compensation for sick leave and healthcare granted by the Regione Toscana;
- Professional training sessions, carried out both by company’s senior resources, or external trainers;
- An end-of-year bonus, based on your performance;
- Great office space downtown Pisa (top floor with large terrace, fully equipped kitchen to eat in should you wish so, free parking nearby); 20% remote working allowed.
Musts are: Master’s or Bachelor degree in either scientific disciplines, international relations, communication sciences, or digital humanities. Past experience of minimum 2 years in similar positions.
Required skills: Communication and copywriting skills and ability of understanding R&D achievements in various scientific domains. Experience in digital marketing & communication. Analytical approach with ability to work collaboratively in international, cross-disciplinary teams and environments.
What you will do:
- Creation and implementation of communication, dissemination, and marketing campaigns;
- Desk research and benchmarking tasks;
- Execution of digital marketing activities that are web-centred and involve multiple communication channels (including, but not limiting to, professional management of social media channels);
- Work hand-in-hand with a technical team of graphic designers and software developers to oversee the creation of marketing and communication materials (both traditional and digital);
- Interface with international partners in the projects that you will contribute to;
- Organisation of meeting, workshops (physical & online), and other events for dissemination and community engagement, interfacing with various stakeholder groups;
- Write plans, editorial pieces (articles, news, webpages) and white papers & other reports in English.
- Experience in events planning and organisation;
- Familiarity with web-based CMS platforms (e.g., Drupal, WordPress);
- An interest in circular economy, climate action and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the European Green Deal initiative;
- Ability to manage communication and dissemination budgets.
If you have that extra spark & feel you fit the above requirements, contact us on jobs[at]trust-itservices.com or ring us at +39 050 28359.
Want to know more about us? www.trust-itservices.com
Our Company’s DNA
Founded in 2002, Trust-IT’s central asset is a highly-skilled, dynamic, international team that performs quality ICT market research and result-oriented stakeholder communication and engagement strategies, designing and developing web-based software solutions, and working closely with large enterprises, SMEs and academia & research institutions internationally.
We are a multi-lingual, cross-disciplinary team of 40+ passionate and skilled individuals who:
- Deliver digital marketing & communication services, internationally;
- Design, implement and maintain digital services and web-based solutions at large;
- Run sophisticated & complex innovation projects in strategic ICT fields such as 5G, Cybersecurity & Privacy, Data & Research Infrastructures, European Science Cloud, Green ICT, ICT Standards, and more;
- Are skilled in understanding what ICT innovations are necessary in the European Digital Single Market & work closely with Experts in Innovation & Policy;
- Are involved in cutting-edge projects undertaking formidable challenges, in the European & global scenario;
- Strongly believe in an industry-academia collaboration, assembling together a balanced mix, within the team, of academic, human & cultural standings able to steer the complexity of the innovation challenges in ICT today;
- Are divulgers & evangelists, supporting organisations in Europe to bring to market their results;
- Are engagers and community developers across industries;
- Are full-stack software developers of complex ICT solutions supporting digital marketing and communication for international organisations, especially SMEs;
- Foster innovative solutions across Europe and Globally;
- Specialise in pan-European collaborations & European Commission’s Research Agenda topics.
Trust-IT is committed to ensure equal opportunities and equality of treatment for people. We hire without regard to age, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status regulated by European laws.