CI-FIRE was a coordination and support action supporting large-scale testbeds and platforms for future internet applications, services and technologies. One of the roles of CI-FIRE was to help showcase the innovation impacts for EU businesses (start-ups, SMEs, large companies), through partnerships and open call funding. Another key focus area was on the sustainability potential of test facilities. To this end, CI-FIRE set up a partnership with EIT Digital as an innovation factory with accelerator support services, investigating market opportunities for a Testbed as a Service through its FANTASTIC platform. CI-FIRE engaged widely with the EU business community, helping academic stakeholders to “talk business” and communicate tangible benefits, thereby lowering barriers to uptake.
• Leading the strategy for communication and stakeholder engagement, measuring impacts through quantifiable indicators.
• Designing the website, defining the visual identity of CI-FIRE and producing all communication and marketing material, specifically
• Engaging with start-ups and SMEs to ease their usage of future internet testbeds and platforms, such as through interactive workshops, exhibition stands, interviews and surveys.
• Creating a European showcase of innovations enabled by test facilities supporting a range of applications, services and technologies.
• Helping to shape the blueprint for sustainable test facilities, including white papers and other timely insights.