The focus of the CLARUS research and innovation action under Europe’s Horizon 2020 programme was on data security and privacy in the cloud. Starting from a comprehensive overview of security-enabling and privacy-preserving techniques, CLARUS worked on the development of a toolbox for an attack-tolerant framework and monitoring tool for the cloud. Key advances include enabling queries over encrypted data. Demonstrations in two use cases: health data and geospatial information proved CLARUS breakthroughs, which were well-documented in scientific papers and conferences.
• Leading the strategy for communications, dissemination and exploitation of results, measuring impacts and KPIs.
• Designing the website, defining the visual identity of CLARUS and helping to build its reputation as an innovator and creator of trust in the cloud.
• Participating in the European Commission’s Cluster on Data Protection, Security and Privacy (DPSP), co-authoring two white papers, including one entitled, “Cloud Technology Options Towards the Free Flow of Data, which is strategic for the Digital Single Market. Participation in the cluster helped boost impacts also through co-hosted workshops and demo sessions.
• Analysing relevant standards for cloud security and data protection, including the development of an online tool to enable easy search, also of standards relevant to health data and geospatial information.
• Supporting the exploitation plans of both industrial and research partners. Trust-IT contributed to an in-depth market study, cost-benefit analysis and the development of business model, supporting go-to-market strategies.
Onboarding your target communities to ensure uptake of research solutions requires a structured approach, deep analytical skills and the design and implementation of communication and engagement plans made up of a mix of techniques and tools.
If you need to identify and build the perfect audience for your research activity and boost your community, contact us, we’ll be happy to help.