Next Generation Internet
Trust-IT brings several years of supporting the coordination of peer-project communication strategies and stakeholder engagement in the Next Generation Internet (Units E1 and E4 – DG CNECT of the European Commission).
The Next Generation Internet (NGI) is bringing about all sorts of exciting changes to improve quality of life. Smart cities, smart venues for sports, tourism and cultural institutions, IoT and crowdsourcing, online learning to fill the eSkills gap, the connected home, new apps for energy, the food supply chain, and even taxi services are just a few examples. Welcome to the future internet!
In SpeakNGI.eu (October 2017 – March, 2019), Trust-IT were involved in developing and implementing the NGI Consultation Platform for collecting information on NGI topics of importance from the many stakeholders and creating an Early Adopters Club (the Club embraces the digital technological revolution brought by the disruptive development of blockchain, artificial intelligence, immersive technologies, among others.). In CI-FIRE (Oct 2013 to Sept 2015), Trust-IT played an active role in the FIRE Communications Group (AmpliFIRE), participating in monthly conference calls and leading activities on cross-project dissemination of results, e.g. Net Futures joint exhibition stand with all FIRE CSAs, and 2nd CI-FIRE Workshop involving all FIRE projects, EIT Digital, EBN and IoT thought leaders.
In the 5G PPP, Trust-IT co-chairs the monthly conference calls with EURO 5G, helping to increase stakeholder engagement and improve the overall visibility of the joint programme activities.
Our expertise covers:
• The development and implementation of the Consultation Platform in SpeakNGI.eu (https://consultation.ngi.eu/), NGI open consultation is active on multiple themes, organised in Discussion Channels. Readers, contributors and experts can be engaged in various ways: By publishing new posts, commenting on existing posts, or by simply leaving a ‘like’.
• Analysing the NGI landscape in Europe and globally, including business involvement. Supporting the analysis on the sustainability potential of FIRE. This includes practical tips on how and when to create an effective sustainability plan.
• Leading an exemplary collaboration with EIT ICT Labs and its FanTaaStic Broker Services to create a highly visible example of sustainability. Providing a blueprint for new services joining FanTaaStic, supporting business modelling and measuring impact.
• Creating business success stories, demonstrating a vibrant and dynamic landscape, where firms are growing and creating spin-offs.
Trust-IT developed specific know-how on the FI-WARE open technologies, and it promoted such solutions, in conjunction with the FI-PPP / SME Accelerators opportunity, to its network of SMEs, Startups and web-entrepreneurs, by:
• Analysing each call focus and selecting relevant ones for several small firms in our network interested in applying.
• Identifying FI-WARE components that the applicants can benefit from using to create innovative IoT solutions.
• Supporting the application process, market analysis and business models.