5G is unlocking currently unattainable capabilities, opening the door for new applications that demand absolute reliability, such as in health care, energy, automated factory processes or autonomous transportation. Global5G.org is a Coordination and Support Action in Phase 2 of the 5G Public Private Partnership (5G PPP), with a strong focus on vertical industries. Global5G.org impacts revolve around adoption and rollout strategies across diverse industries key for the European economy and society; standards tracking and tool development to help verticals be part of the all-important standardisation process, and analysis of emerging business models, highlighting opportunities for new entrants.
• Coordinator of Global5G.org, working closely with the private side of the 5G PPP – the 5G Infrastructure Association (5G-IA) to help boost impacts through several working groups and task forces, as well as the
• Contributing to the following groups: Automotive, COMMS, Pre-Standardisation (activity leader), SMEs, Spectrum, Strategic Deployment Agenda, Technology Board, Trials. Task Forces include: Verticals Task Force and the Standards Task Force.
• Developing and extending an online Verticals Cartography, tracking progress towards 5G tests across vertical industries, with updated analyses.
• Designing an online Standards Tracker aimed at vertical industries, showing open work items in 3GPP and ETSI for inputs alongside 5G capabilities relevant to multiple markets.
• Rolling out a Performance KPI Tracker, monitoring contributions to the ambitious 5G PPP goals for 5G, from latency to energy efficiency, in Phase 2 of 5G PPP.
• Analysing emerging business models for 5G with a focus on opportunities for new entrants and SMEs, assessing strategic and market elements of business models that will be key to rollout.
• Co-authoring the Pan-EU Trials Roadmap V4.0, and contributing to on-going work within the Trials WG.