While studies on World War II and the Holocaust have been common in the context of EU-funded research over the past decades, the cross-disciplinary analysis and interpretation of the long-term consequences and impact of foreign occupation and colonialism are still a relatively new field of academic collaboration in the EU.
COTCA and VHH have joined forces in this Project Group to contribute to a better understanding of the history of foreign occupation and colonialism, analysing their complex impact across a range of sectors around the world. The two projects use visual history as one of their conceptual frameworks, highlighting its utility in studying and understanding war and conflict in the 20th century, and contributing to the development of digital humanities with new methods for digitising and analysing visual sources.
Their approach and results will provide relevant resources to understand the multiple legacies of past conflicts as well as on-going conflicts and cases of foreign occupation today.
Trust-IT Services supported the project group in developing a joint message and identity and provided hands-on dissemination support.
- Development of a joint portfolio of research and innovation results
- Mapping of relevant stakeholders.
- Creation of visual materials for joint activities and promotion.
- Informative factsheet
- Promotional video
- Capacity building to improve the group's communication and dissemination skills (Definition of KPI, Presentation and Pitch Tips, Website and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Copywriting, Using Social Media, Newsletters, Promoting and Organising Events, policy brief and more).
- Organisational and logistical support for the organisation of a joint webinar, Visual Histories of the 20th Century, highlighting the main activities and results of VHH and COTCA
- Development of promotional materials to support the webinar