The Project Group “Beyond colonial narratives” is a cluster of three research projects (ConnecCaribbean, ArCarib, The Darker Shades of Black) which focus on the history of the Caribbean and Mediterranean regions. Trust-IT Services supported the project group in developing a joint message and identity and provided hands-on dissemination support to help the projects promote their innovations in anti-slavery and racism research.
Caribbean history has generally been written from the point of view of the colonisers. To understand the regional challenges today, it is important to have a balanced historical understanding of the socio-politcal context of the Caribbean that goes beyond colonial narratives and recognises the indigenous perspective while also understanding the European and African influences.
The three projects are studying the history of the Caribbean, bringing new insights into topics including slavery, smuggling, colonialism, discrimination and identity.
- Development of a joint portfolio of research and innovation results
- Mapping of relevant stakeholders.
- Creation of visual materials for joint activities and promotion.
- Capacity building to improve the group's communication and dissemination skills (definition of KPIs, presentation and pitch tips, Website and search engine optimisation (SEO), copywriting, using social media, newsletters, promoting and organising events, policy brief and more).
- The HRB Team provided various types of support for the organisation of a webinar (which took place on 28 September 2021):
- Agenda design and logistics
- Overall conceptualisation of the webinar format
- Promotional campaign design
- Messaging and recruiting speakers and participants
- Event chairing
- Social media dissemination
- Promotional stakeholder campaign